To register or update your voter registration:
Use this website to submit an application online or to prefill and print a voter registration application form to sign and mail or deliver to your supervisor of elections. Voter registration application forms (English PDF / Español PDF) are also available for download if you do not wish to use this website.
To submit an online application, you will need:
- Your Florida driver license (Florida DL) or Florida identification card (Florida ID card) issued by the Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles.
- The issued date of your Florida DL or Florida ID card; and
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN4).
Note: If you do not have any of the information above, you may still use the online system to prefill a voter registration application form. However, you will have to print, sign, and then mail or deliver your completed voter registration application to your county Supervisor of Elections’ office.
You should not use this system to register or update your voter registration information if you are a participant with the Florida Attorney General's Address Confidentiality Program (See sections 741-401.-741.409, and 741.465, Florida Statutes). Contact your county Supervisor of Elections to register.
To be eligible to register to vote you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Be a legal resident of Florida;
- Be a legal resident of the county in which you seek to be registered;
- Be at least 16 years old to preregister or at least 18 years old to register and vote;
- Not be a person who has been adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state without having the right to vote restored; and,
- Not be a person convicted of a felony without having your right to vote restored.
Notice: It is a 3rd degree felony to submit false information. Maximum penalties are $5,000 and/or 5 years in prison.
The deadline to register for an upcoming election is 29 days before that election. You can also update your registration record at any time. However, since Florida is a closed primary election state, a party change for a primary election must be made by the registration deadline for that election. If the deadline has passed, you can still submit an online application at any time and it will be processed for future elections.
The Florida OVR application works best when using the latest version of a browser (e.g., Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 8.0 or higher, Opera 10 or higher, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). For more information, see the Help page.